BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monday

Monday

May 16, 2011

By Scott Harrup

The Monday blues. The first day of the workweek can hit like a freight train, with a long string of items on your to-do list rapidly overriding any pleasant memories of the weekend. My Monday blues usually start on Sunday night as I again prep myself to wake up at 5:45 a.m.

The weather can add to the doldrums. Even with spring, several recent Mondays have seen a steady drizzle, gray skies and unseasonably chilly temperatures. But I¹ve faced my share of sunny Mondays that were equally challenging.

I wondered if a ³fear of Mondays² phobia was recognized by some official psychological organization; my online research proved inconclusive. Should a suitably phobic title exist, I don¹t think I¹m afraid of Mondays so much as merely deflated by them.

How about you? Do Mondays threaten to overwhelm you, or at least counteract any motivational rush you experienced with the weekend? Don¹t let that happen.
When Monday, or any other day, starts to get the upper hand, take a fresh look at life. The God who creates each and every day and places you in it can sustain you even during your worst day.

³O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings² (Psalm 63:1-7, NIV).

Happy Monday!

0 comments: